Steps to Apply
Review Rocket Fund 2022 Guidelines for eligibility, scope, technologies, and tips for applying
Also, check out the podcast "Lab to Startup" featuring Rocket Fund, where Stephanie Yanchinski, the Resnick Sustainability Institute's Director of Entrepreneurial Programs, shares information about Rocket Fund 2022, the new priority areas for funding and the process.
New: Diversity and Inclusion: In 2021 the Rocket Fund established a commitment to strengthening diversity and female leadership as well as to spreading the benefits of cleantech and sustainability to more communities. A significant portion of the scoring during the competition will address this challenge. Please ensure you describe fully the factors that show your company's commitment to diversity and inclusivity: current leadership, new initiatives, technology features or corporate policy changes that indicate you are considering how to enhance your approach to this challenge.
The program opens November 15, 2021. Deadline to apply: March 4, 2022. Apply Here
Program Timeline (All Events Virtual)
- Round 1: Initial Screening | March 4 – March 14, 2022
- Round 2: Semi-Finals | Late April, 2022 Date TBD
- Selected semi-finalists reviewed by the Rocket Fund Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) of industry, technical and business experts and investors
- TAC meets, finalists selected with special reference to: technology innovation with validating data; understanding of market and path to commercialization; customer interaction; solid metrics for measuring impact on energy usage and greenhouse gas emissions; impact on diversity, leadership and community, and use of funds with demonstration site
- Round 3: Finals | Late May, 2022 Date TBD 8.30 am - 12.00 noon
- Team presentations to Review Panel of utility and industry experts, academics, and investors
- Awardees establish MOU, receive grant